Blog Archive

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Picture Re-do

Maybe it's winter boredom, or maybe I am developing a little bit of a hobby...

Irregardless, I trekked out in the cold (I am talking sub-zero weather) to the good ole' DePaul store and found these pics for 50 cents a piece.  I saw potential in their frames...

Here's the before...


Dated and scratched.

 
I very careful disassembled the pictures and sanded the frames by hand very lightly.  I maybe put 10 minutes of sanding in on each frame.  Nothing crazy.
 
 
Spray painted each frame; letting each coat completely dry (important!) with Valspar spray paint from Lowe's that I used here.
 
 
I used the cardboard picture that was initially in the picture as the base for the scrapbook paper I bought from Wal Mart to glue on.

 
 
I tacked on some rhinestone stickers and some awesome paper stickers I found at Michael's.. Martha Stewart brand...
 
...and the final product...

 
 
The Martha Stewart paper flower stickers are on the top picture (upper right hand corner).  Besides the rhinestone stickers, those are the only add-ins; the paper is just so pretty!  Only wanted to add to it.  Hope I accomplished that! 
 
-winks,
Stefanie
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment